What you need:
1/2 kilo canton noodles (egg noodles)
300 grams sotanghon noodles ( bean thread noodles)
1/4 kilo chicken breast
1/2 kilo lean pork
1/2 kilo shrimps
4 pieces Chorizo bilbao (or Chinese sausage)
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium red pepper, sliced
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 cup brocolli heads
1 cup cauliflower heads
1/2 cup carrots, jullienned
1/2 cup snow peas
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup tenga ng daga (dried wood ear mushroom), chopped
4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
2 tablespoons cane vinegar
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup sliced spring onions for garnishing (optional)
What to do:
1. Boil chicken breast in 2 cups of water with a dash of salt, and shred. set aside. Set aside the broth for later use as well.
2. Marinate pork in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and cane vinegar. Let stand for at least 10 minutes, then slice into 1/2-inch strips.
3. Render chorizo. (Do not add any cooking oil to the chorizo) set aside.
4. Saute garlic ,onions, chicken and pork.When cook add in green and red peppers, brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, snow peas, and cabbage. Saute for another 5 minutes.
7. Add one cup of the chicken broth that you had earlier set aside. Make sure you use enough broth to cover your meat-and-veggies mixture. Add 2 tablespoons s of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Mix together, and boil for 10 minutes.
8. While waiting for the broth to boil, soak the sotanghon and cut according to your desired size. In a separate container, soak the mushrooms and then chop coarsely.
9. Once the broth has boiled, add the sotanghon and the mushrooms, and mix thoroughly.
10. Add the canton noodles, mix for another 10 – 15 minutes, until the canton noodles are soft. By this time, most of the broth should have dried up (or more precisely, has been absorbed by the noodles).
11. Season with soy sauce and ground black pepper.
12. Add the chorizo and shrimps.
13. Garnish with spring onions, and serve with calamansi (Philippine lemon), or lemon.
Makes 8-12 servings